Boost News Desk | Jul 28, 2022 | 0
Dartmouth Clinic to host Open Event
People in Dartmouth have been invited to a Health and Wellbeing event.
The Health & Wellbeing event will be running on Saturday 29th September, 10am and 2pm at the Dartmouth Clinic.
The event is being hosted by NHS frontline staff teams with a selection of partners.
The Health & Wellbeing event will include:
- Health checks (including blood pressure, heart rate and what’s your heart age)
- Fun, Health-related activities for children
- A chance to try out some of the specialist equipment
- Advice about dementia and planning for an older life
- Information about Dartmouth’s planned new health and wellbeing centre
- Information on opportunities to connect with people within the Dartmouth community
Event organiser, and NHS Trusts’s locality manager responsible for Dartmouth and surrounding area, Julian Ayrton said:
We often get comments from people saying they don’t understand what a Health and Wellbeing Centre is, or what services our community staff and intermediate care teams can offer. So our frontline staff have come together to host an open day for local people – with plenty of interactive and fun elements as well as information and advice.
As well as our own staff, representatives from partner organisations will be advising about the health and wellbeing service available in the local community. We are very close to the town centre and hope that if people are coming to town that day, they will take a few minutes to pop in to see us and give us some feedback on plans for the new Health and Wellbeing Centre.